Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Week 1 This Isn't Kansas

Bienvivido from Mexico City MTC! This past week has been the hardest week of my life. I have had thoughts of coming home and have been extremely homesick. I miss my family so much and I am extremely worried that something is going to go wrong during my mission. But, this past Monday I talked with the president of the MTC and everything changed. I feel so rejuvenated and ready to serve for the lord. This past week has been great. I have some pictures below of people in my Casa that I love to be with. My companion and two of the elders are going to the same mission as me. WOW! It was hard at first learning the language and being so homesick that after talking with people everything changed. I am always so happy and ready to go out and prepare myself for my mission in Honduras. I just want to let my family know I love them so much and now I am doing just fine. Food is okay but I will get used to it. Pizza day is every Tuesday and its from Costco which I consume like 4 slices. But, other than that the food is okay. The lessons suck. I hate them. I cannot understand any of what my investigator is talking about and my companion does most of the talking. But, I am gradually getting better. It is so different talking in Spanish in prayer and talking, I am so used to English. But, through the spirit, it helps give me that little bit of strength to get through it and speak some Spanish. I recently just gave my first blessing on an hermana. The spirit was so strong and I could feel that I was sent here to give her that blessing. I am excited to see my friend Elder Knuth when he comes down here and experience the most beautiful campus ever. So luscious and green. Muy bonito! I know that the lord sent me here for a reason and I know that whatever it is, it is totally worth it. I am excited to write to you guys and to my family and let them know how I am doing. Love you guys so much and put me in your prayers! 

Sincerely,
Elder Jensen







No comments:

Post a Comment