Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Week 3  Half Way

Hello everyone! I am now half way done at the MTC! Wow, can you believe it? I am actually pretty excited to leave because it sucks being here for so long! I would rather be out teaching the gospel to investigators and to the people Honduras rather than my teachers. It has been an incredibly weird week for me. My companion has been having some thoughts of going home because he did not take care of stuff before his mission so I pray for him everyday. I hope he will stay. Oh I got my in-grown toe nail taken care of....man that hurt! I did not cry because I am a man, and men do not cry. LOL!

My schedule is the same every week. Wake up at 6:30, breakfast at 7, then personal study time from 7:30 to 8:30. Then from 8:30 to about 12 we have progressing investigator, language, and Book of Mormon study. All 3 in about 3 1/2 hours. It is exhausting. We have lunch at 12 and then I get the mail after that until its the time for language study, which is from 1 to 2. After language study its gym time from 2 to 3 and then language study on the computer from 3:30 to 4:30. After that we have some more study time until its time for dinner which is at 5:30. After dinner we study until 6:30. Then from 6:30 until 9:30 we have language, progressing investigator, and fundamentals of teaching. At 9:30 we go back to our casa and have journal time and then get ready for bed. At 10:30 lights are out and we are in bed. That is my daily schedule every day. It's been like that for 3 weeks. Pretty boring and tiring after awhile. 

I wasn't able to get a picture of my whole district together yet, but I will tell you about them.  In my district there are 10, including me.  Sorry about that.  The elders are Elder Jennings, Elder Bate, Elder Wight, Elder Dowell (which are all going to San Pedro Sula) and then there is me, Elder Hernandez, Elder Esser, and Elder Wagner (which are all going to Comayaguela). The sisters are Hermana Bradley(which is going to Comayaguela) and Hermana Pemberton (which is the only one in our group that is going to Ecuador). 

I had a great week and am looking forward to hearing from everyone. I was in the reception office one day and was looking at the previous presidents at the Mexico MTC. I think that my Dads president was Presidente Fen. Because he served from 1987 to 1988 which around when my Dad served his mission.  Hopefully that is right.  If so he was right next to the Mexico City Temple too! How cool is that! Anyways, this week has been hectic, but extremely spiritual too. I am gradually learning Spanish.  I am starting to remember some of the stuff that I memorize, which is  awesome, obviously. 

Love all you guys and thank you so much for the support you are giving me with the emails that you send me. They make a huge difference. I am doing great, but I cannot wait to leave here and go to Honduras. This email is way longer than my usual ones so, hope you can read it all! Talk to you guys next week! 

Sincerely,
         Elder Jensen

P.S. Tristan comes next week and I am so excited to see him!

In-grown toenail surgery...OUCH!

New District that just came in. Really awesome people.

Elder Dalton, the new zone leader after Elder Carlson left last week. Great guy!

Elder Howell, Elder Jensen, Elder DeGarmo
Now who does Elder Degarmo look like? He looks like a much older version of...Garron Hahn! Can you see it?

Elder Wilson, Elder Jensen, Elder Malcom.
Really funny guys, wish you could meet them.

ElderWeeks, Elder Jensen, Elder Covington.
Both of these elders are great and very spiritual missionaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment