Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Week 2 District Leader



Hello everyone! This is my second P-Day at the MTC! I am doing just fine. I forgot to tell you last week that I was made District Leader for my District. Wow, right? It's a lot of responsibilities, but it will bless me throughout my experience here at the MTC. I am having so much fun here. I mean, learning the language is quite hard and I still don't understand any of what people are saying usually, but through the Lords help, anything is possible. I am greatly blessed to be here. I miss my family so much and know that they will be ok while I am on my mission. Today, I was able to go to the Mexico Temple and it was amazing. I feel so blessed to be able to go. Did you know that only 5 temples in the world have a Moroni Statue with both the gold plates in one hand and a trumpet in the other? This is one of those Temples. It was really cool. I have a couple of photos below of me in front of it. As well as my buddies in my Casa that came too. I wish my whole district came, but they were too sick to come. They had been throwing up all night. I have them in my prayers always. I am gradually learning Spanish and know that it will come soon. My zone leaders left to Cancun this past Monday. They were awesome and helped me a lot. Especially, Elder Carlson, pictured above. I have received a couple of food packages from my family....mmmm delicious. Hope all of you guys are doing fine while I am here in the MTC.  Keep me in your prayers.

Sincerely,
         Elder Jensen

Mexico City Temple
Some of my district in front of Temple

Visitors Center
Answers to "mom questions" (mom comments about his answers)

1. Did you fly down to MTC alone, or were you with other missionaries? 
I was alone when I flew to MTC.

2. What is your companion’s name and where is he from? 
My companion's name is Elder Hernandez. 

3. How about the names of the other missionaries I see in the past photos?
Elder Wight and Elder Dowell. Both going to San Pedro Sula. Elder Wight is from Australia!! (notice he told me where his roommate was from, but not his companion. Elder Hernandez, his companion, must not be from somewhere as cool as Australia)

4. What is your typical day like?
Language, Study, and teaching investigators, which are teachers actually. (so many things left out of the is answer. I will probably never know exactly what he does all day long. I'm looking more for answer like this: 6:00am wake up, 7:00 breakfast, 8:00-10:00 personal study, 10:00-12:00 teaching investigators, etc.)

5. Will you get to go to the temple?? Or the visitor center?
See this week's photos 

6. Are you brushing your teeth and wearing your retainers?
"I am brushing my teeth and wearing retainers, ok mom!"

What he asked me to send down with Tristan...
  • A new watch (8 year old watch finally died)
  • Eye glasses (the ones he never wore for school...hmmm)
  • Nice pair of nail clippers, old ones are rusty. (he already has a nasty ingrown toenail)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment