Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 50 Almost 1 Year


Another week come and gone....it feels like my mission is going by too fast and I wish it would slow down. I love my mission and have received so many blessings because of it, I just wish it was not passing by as fast. The pain of post surgery still continues and well I had to talk a doctor today to find out why. He says he feels like my body is still just in recovery. So, the complete recovery is just taking longer than I expected. So, I have pain killers I need to take this week and I will need to take it a little slower these next six weeks. But, I am still glad I am still here and that I doing what the Lord wants. It is difficult sometimes, but I know if I do all I can, the lord will know and help me with the rest.

This last week with my companion has been amazing. We started out small, but I am glad we were able to build it up today. He is amazing Elder and I can promise you he will do wonderful things here in the mission. I just found out a couple of minutes ago that he will be training. I am so excited for him and know he will do great things. For me, looks like I am staying here. Do not for sure, but will find out later. But, it looks like Elder Corey will be new zone leader! So, I am really pumped to see him again this week! 

As for Eduardo and David. They keep on drinking and smoking. But, this week we saw a big difference in Eduardo. He came to church with us and as soon as he walked into the church, he felt something so strong. He had to stop before he walk any further. According to what he said. I was able to show him the "A Change of Heart" Mormon Message to him and explain to him if the man in the video can do it, so could to. He is changing everyday  He just needs to keep trying and have faith.

I want to explain to you, before I end, how much this work means to me. It is amazing being a missionary of Jesus Christ. Sometimes we look at life, and just see how hard it is and the problems we have. But, Jesus Christ wants us to embrace his gospel and to see the little things in life, that make a big impact. My mission is not easy and its really hard sometimes. But, even though it is hard at times, it will never compare to what Christ went through. He literally died for us. And the only way we can find true happiness in this life is by coming unto him and following God's plan. I know that Jesus Christ lives. And he loves me. Just like all of you. He wants us to be like him and as we come unto him, we will experience more joy more than we can imagine. Love you all and all your prayers and letters help me everyday to become a better missionary and soon to be a better person. Sacrifice is only temporary, but glory is eternal. Thanks for everything and hope you all the best. Tell you more about my week and my new companion next week. Adiojummmm!

Con mucho cariƱo,


Elder Jensen




No comments:

Post a Comment