Monday, January 11, 2016

Week 48 A New Year and New Beginnings


I cannot believe that it is now 2016!  This week went by too fast, but was so much fun! From a scorpion in our house to photos at the temple, it was too crazy! We went all out this year and we had a fun time, me and my companion, on the night of New Years Eve!  The firework show was spectacular!  Lights of color all over the city. We could see it all.

We found out that David is slowly progressing. He has cut down in smoking this week, but has not quit completely.  He went from 10 cigarettes this week, to 7. So, he is slowly using the Atonement of Jesus Christ in his life.  But slowly is better than doing nothing, and I am really proud of him. He is a wonderful child of god and has a lot of potential. We know he can do it. My companion and I pray for him all the time. We also found an old investigator this week named Eduardo and he has the a problem with the word of wisdom too, but with alcohol. But, he has the beginning of a small testimony of this gospel so we are trying to help him use that to help him changed completely. We see Eduardo tonight, wish us luck. Although he has been doing fine. 

As a district this week we were able to take photos in front of the temple, got some in front of temple with my companion. Hope you like it. I like the one at night more than the one during the day, because the temple is so beautiful at night all lite up. 

We found a scorpion in our house this week! YUCKKK! Elder Hernandez and I  were playing backgammon on night, when there it was crawling against the floor. It was as big as my middle finger. 


I loved this week and starting a new year, means new goals and new beginnings. We can start new and set new goals and strive to do better than what we did the year before. That is what our Heavenly Father wants us to do, always try to do better. He wants us to improve day by day. I am really glad I got to spend New Years and Christmas here in Honduras. I loved it. Now with 11 months...I almost have a year woohoo! Love you all and keep me in your prayers. Talk to you later!

Con mucho amor,


Elder Jensen 







No comments:

Post a Comment