Sunday, January 31, 2016

Week 51 Being Sick and Benefits


Well, this past week did not go the way I thought it would go. On a positive note, Tuesday, I received my new companion this week. His name is Elder Espinoza. He is from Utah, "la fabrica de los mormones". That is what he says. It has been quite a ride these past couple days with him. He is super funny, hilarious actually. He loves to talk, so much so he talks half the day. The day after changes, everything changed for me. I got Chikingunya (a horrible flu virus that is transmitted by mesquitos), again. It sucked so much. I had to be in bed for 3 days, running a high temperature and full body aches. We could not got work or anything. I really felt bad for my companion. I wanted to work really bad, but my doctor said I needed to rest until the end of the week. So, we pretty much chilled in the house.

On Wednesday, I got to finally see my trainer, after 8 months have passed. We talked a lot about how he is doing  and where he is at. It was good to catch up on since the last time I saw him.

I am really getting to know this area, no one continues to want to hear our message. Remember that my area is in the richest part of Honduras. We tried to contact some people yesterday, and no one is interested. It is such a shame. Everyone believes that all they need is there money and that is it. It is so sad to know and see what people are missing in their life and they don't want nothing to do with it. So, we are trying and doing all we can to find and teach people. It will be difficult, but I know we can do it. It is all about the faith. Eduardo is doing all right, we are helping him all we can. He is slowly cutting the cigars down. So, that is good.

I love my mission. I am changing every single day. I can see it. My companion can see it. My president can see it. And I KNOW He can see it. Love and miss you all. Hope everyone is doing all right. Hope you like the photos. Talk to you next week!

Les quiero,

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment