Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 76 Fasting For Miracles


We have working hard to get as many people as we can to come to church. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get anyone in church. Everyone got super sick. Almost all of our new investigators that we found or the ones that are progressing ended up having the flu. What a bummer! But, we were able to find a bunch of new people in our area. Remember Nohemy that I told about? Well, we are still working with her and hoping to get get her baptized soon. We are hoping that she can get an answer soon. So, we will find out this week. We have found a new family here, the husband is complicated however. But the wife and son are fired up about the gospel. So, we are working to find a way that we can get them married or separated (again, husband is complicated) so we can get them baptized soon.

We fasted this past weekend to see some miracles in our area and what started out with nothing ended with a ton. We fasted that Damaris, part of another family wants to go to church and get baptized. And she has been out of work for awhile and found a job that might work on Sundays. So we fasted for her that her job would allow her to not work on Sunday or she could find another job that doesn't work on Sundays. And Heavenly Father answered our prayers, and her work schedule will be from Monday to Saturday. Fasting does truly work. 

Also another miracle happened this week. We had scheduled a FHE  for Sunday and were going to invite a bunch of people to come. But, everyone canceled on it because they had something to do or they were sick with the flu. So, instead we went contacting. And this chick came up to us and said she needed a blessing.( that was our 5th blessing of health that day) She said she heard about these blessing through her son who is a less active member. We passed by to see how she was doing. Turns out that her parents are members, they want there 2 kids to get baptized and they want to return back to church as soon as possible. Woo-hoo! God wanted that to happen, I can see his hand in everything that happened this week. I am truly blessed and grateful to be on my mission.

I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father for giving me this opportunity to be here. I know that he is real and the gospel is true and I know I am supposed to be here. As I live out these next 7 months and work with all my heart I will truly see the blessings of my mission. Love you all. Have a good week everyone!

Les quiero mucho,

Elder Jensen

P.S. I contacted a guy in a bus and he was able to go to church that Sunday! Miracles!

Graffiti...
Art every where.
Ran into an old companion at changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment