Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 5 Count Down


Elder Knuth and Elder Jensen
It was so good seeing a friendly face from home.
Today marks 6 days left here at the CCM! Wow! This week has been so exciting and I have been able to do and see so much stuff. I am so excited to leave next Tuesday and fly to Honduras. I received my flight itinerary just yesterday and says that I am flying from Mexico City to San Salvador, then onto Tegucigalpa, Honduras. I really can not believe how the time has gone by so fast. I am already done with a month of my mission. It has been so fun here, but I know it is going to so much more fun and better in Honduras! It has been such a blessing being here and to have a chance to serve a mission I know that the blessings will just keep rolling in. There are going to be so many throughout these next two years. 

My good friend Elder Knuth came last week! He was able to bring me the stuff I needed from home, like my glasses and another pair of shoes, but it also included some treats (Thanks Mom!). I have a picture of me and him above. My family also sent me a Valentine’s Day card, but I have to wait until Saturday to open it, because that’s Valentine’s Day. I am so excited for Elder Knuth and look forward to keeping in touch with him during our missions. I will also keep in touch with Elder Bills and Elder Badger too! 

Just this past Sunday I was able to watch "Meet the Mormons." The CCM shows a church movie every Sunday night and they are awesome. I have watched “Only a Stonecutter”, “The Testaments”, “The Prophet Joseph Smith”, “The Restoration”, and now “Meet the Mormons”. Wow, what an awesome movie. My favorite parts of the movie, in order,  was the Missionary Mom, the Candy Dropper, and then the Humanitarian. During the Missionary Mom segment, I cried. I cried mostly because I thought of when I got my missionary call, when I was getting my clothes with my mom, and my departure date. I was balling because I was thinking of my family so much. So, yeah that happened. 

This week has been a little bit of a struggle, I have had a sore throat and my ears are clogged, but I am getting better slowly. The real struggle is with my companion Elder Hernandez. He has strep throat. He has really not been feeling good at all. So, if you could put him in your prayers, please, that would help.

Next Monday, I can write to you guys. Since I do not have a P-day next Wednesday, they are letting me write on Monday. So, that is a bonus for me and for you guys, before I head off. :)

Yo se que va a Honduras sera una bendición en mi vida. Yo se que Dios mandó mi a Honduras para razón. Creo en Jesucristo Expiacion y se que va a ayúdame durante la misión. Mi propósito es a "Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo!" Yo soy un misionario de La Iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de últimos días. Yo soy Elder Jensen. 

I just thought I should share a little bit in Spanish with you guys. Hope you guys like it. I am so excited to leave the CCM, but a little sad because I will only see it for a little bit in my mission. I am ready to go out and serve the lord with all my might, mind, and strength! Hope you guys like my second to last email here in the CCM! Love all you guys so much and I want to thank you for all the support you have given me. Keep me in your prayers and send me an email once in a while. I love hearing from everyone! Talk you guys on Monday! 

Elder Jensen

Departure list...I leave for Honduras at 2:30am

No comments:

Post a Comment