Monday, February 16, 2015


Week 6: The Time Has Come

Hey everyone! I just want to let you guys know that I am fine and well. I also want to let you know that I leave in less than 12 hrs! I cannot believe that I will be in Honduras tomorrow. I am a 1/24 done with my mission. I just cannot believe that. I am so excited. We had testimony meeting last night and I was one of many missionaries that shared theirs. One of the things I bore testimony of was I knew that my call to Honduras was not an accident, Heavenly Father sent me there for a purpose. He sent me to learn, grow, convert, and serve the people of Comayaguela, Honduras. This knowledge is going to help me when I am in Honduras. I know to expect hard times, and I know that someday the Spanish will just click. I have gotten pretty good at teaching the gospel lessons and when I do, I feel the spirit so strongly. Praying everyday to my Heavenly Father has blessed me to know this. I know the gospel is true and I can't wait to share my testimony with the people of Honduras.

Elder Wight, from my district, told me this "Obedience brings blessings, but exact obedience brings exact blessings." This has truly inspired me to always be obedient. I know that there will be times I will need specific blessings from Heavenly Father, and if I've been completely obedient and worked hard, the Lord will help me specifically with my problem. I still really cannot believe that it has been 6 weeks already. Soon I will be half way done with my mission; it is going by so fast. WOW!

I have some pictures below of my last week here. I am actually going to get a Dropbox and give you all the username and password so you can see all of the pictures I have taken and not just the few I post on my blog. But, here are my favorites from this week.
(Mom here: Alec wrote me later in the hour and said it was taking too much of his limited time on the computer to set up the Dropbox. I will work on setting it up this next week so all he has to do is access it and dump all his photos there. If it works, I will send out the link to it in the coming weeks.)

I hope everyone is reading my blog and please keep writing me when you have the chance! I love hearing from everyone! Wish me luck, tomorrow is my big day to Honduras

Elder Jensen
Narnia: A secret tile in the ground floor of our classroom of all the 16A Districts at the CCM! 

My District including the teachers. This is the photo Elder Wight used when he drew us on the whiteboard a few weeks ago.

Elder Cronin...an awesome missionary
Elder Harolds...and awesome missionary

Elder Fox....another awesome missionary.

I bought this from one of the Hermana (sisters) that drew this for me. It's of Helaman and the 2,000 stripling warriors. She is so talented. 

Above is Alec with the new Mexico MTC President, President Tenorio,  as of a couple of weeks ago. Steve quickly noticed this man and his name. Turns out, President Tenorio was Steve's Mission President when he served 26 years ago in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Mexico.  See photos below.
Another picture of Steve and President Tenorio. Steve and the other missionaries in this photo were selected to do a special temple session with President Tenorio because of their hard work and success (100 baptisms each) in their mission.  


No comments:

Post a Comment