Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 37 Esperanza (Hope)!


Hello everyone! This week was really interesting and very fun. I got sent to a new area, new zone, with a new companion. It is so awesome. My Zone is called Esperanza (Hope), my new area is Siguatepeque B, and my companion is names Elder Sevilla. He is from Ecuador and he really funny. The funny thing is that we are both new elders to this area. We are actually opening this area. It is a lot of fun for me because we do not know the members, non of the investigators. I was in city for so long I knew so many people already.  When we got here we didn't even know where our house was. Pretty funny, right? Siguatepeque is my first PUEBLO (town)! Boo-yah! Living in the city was fun...but the pueblos are so much more beautiful and the people are so much kinder. And also this is the only zone in the mission so far where the temperature is a little bit cooler. It is not as hot as in my other areas. It is cool, which I like alot. Honduras is very hot and humid.

Elder Sevilla and I have been working hard this week and we put 2 new fechas this week, and its a total new area. How great is that! When we are obedient and do what the Lord wants us to do, we receive miracles that not only have a big impact on us, but on the people as well! Cool, right! 

One of the investigators, named Guillermo, was a blind contact on the street. We gave him a Book of Mormon and a folleto (pamplet) to read and we were going to explain it all to him next visit. When we returned, he had read the whole folleto, read part of the Book of Mormon, and said he wanted to go church with us this Sunday. He loves our church and we are seeing big changes in him. We are so excited about Guillermo.

Well, just want to let you all know I am growing and having so much fun here in my new area. I can't express how much I am. I am so glad I am a missionary! The time is going by super fast....I am really trying to do what my mom says in every letter she sends me, "work hard and embrace every moment". Love you all so very much. And thank you for writing evey week. That's it for this week and I look forward to hearing to you next week! 

Con mucho cariño,

Elder Jensen








No comments:

Post a Comment