Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 52  1 Year down, 1 to go


1 year! On Friday I will have fulfilled 1 year in my mission! I cannot believe that! This year has gone by too quick, and I only have 1 year left. Elders here say as soon as you have 1 year left, your mission goes by even quicker. So, I really want to work as hard as I can and embrace every moment before returning home. 

This week I am feeling much better and we are working pretty good in this area. We found some prepared people in our ward boundaries. For example, one day we went out contacted in area we have never been to. We started to contact the houses around there. We stumbled over a house and met a man named Freddy. As we started to teach him our message, he said that awhile back missionaries had taught him, but they never returned him the call. We felt sorry for him. He said he has a big interest in our church and wants to attend church with us. He also asked questions like: If I wanted to become a member of the church, what would I need to to do be one? We were stunned! So, we responded to every single question he had. It was an amazing lesson, and we felt the spirit so strong. We are going to return to him tomorrow. We are super excited for this area now and all its potential.

This past Thursday we had a Multi-zone conference here at the temple. I learned so much from the conference. I was able to reunite with 3 of my ex-companions. Picture below of them with me. I really learned a lot about what I need to do as a missionary to help baptize and help the new converts so they can be strong in this gospel.



I am having a ton of fun here in my mission. I actually get to see the ward of Siguatepeque this Thursday because they are coming up here for the temple. So, I am really excited for Thursday! I get to see all my friends from Sigua again. So, everything here in Roble Oeste is going great.  Hope you have a wonderful week! Talk to you later

Con mucho cariño,

Elder Jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment