Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 79 Success in Progress


Well, I can tell you we are having some progress and lots of success! So, the Familia Garcia Zambrano is so awesome! They have been doing everything they can to help get their son and daughter and their niece ready to get baptized! WOOHOO! They have stopped drinking coffee, started reading The Book of Mormon and praying as a family everyday, going to church every week, and the are really just getting pumped! When I am with them I have this thought that keeps running through my mind, Elder Jensen, this is why you are here.  I was sent here to baptize the rest of the Familia Garcia Zambrono and to help reactivate the parents. I am so stoked for the day that they get baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. What a glorious day that will be. And the fact that we are teaching the grandmother and the cousins too which live here in the same colony as well.....what a small world. They have a baptism date for the 27th. And the family Garcia has one for the 20th! 

We have been having great progress with the lessons we are having with the member this past week. We had 20 lessons with them....dope. Its fantastic because now everyone is great friends with the those getting baptized or the less actives.  Plus...we had another 7-8 extra people at church again. God is truly working miracles in this area.

Also crazy experience we had this week to end. So, we were walking home one night and had the impression to knock on this house. So, we did and this man let us in and for some weird reason he started out telling us the weirdest experience he had. Just 2 days ago, he was coming home from work and saw a bible on the side of the road and so he decided to go back for it to pick it up. Guess what, it wasn't Bible, it was a Book of Mormon and then literally 2 days later, the missionaries, us, came knocking on his door.  He said to us you are the miracle or a sign from God that I need to read this book....What!!! So, we are so pumped now and have a return appt. this Wednesday. I know the reason why: Obedience! Obedience brings blessings! I love this opportunity to serve and this miracle is the start of many more in these next 6 months to come! 

I am having so much fun here in Laureles. I feel happier, I feel the spirit more, and I am seeing the miracles of being exactly obedient. I love my Savior and I love my Heavenly Father. I know they are watching over me and know my weaknesses can become strong. Through obedience to the Lord all things are possible and he waiting to bless you. I love you all and I encourage you all to read or start to read the Book of Mormon again. It has changed my life and will change yours as well. Les quiero mucho y espero que este semana Dios pueda cambiar su vida con este libro si empieza a leerlo! Tenga una feliz semana. Que Dios le bendiga. Hasta Luego! 

Les quiero mucho,


Elder Jensen




No comments:

Post a Comment