Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 85 Coming Close



Week by week, day by day....I really cannot believe how time is flying by here in Honduras. I wish it would go slower...but it just doesn't. But, I am still here working hard as i can becuse I know that is what the Lord would want me to do. We have been contacting and finding a lot of new people here in Laureles. Searching and searching pretty much everyday. It is so tiring...really it is. I am probably climbed 2,000 stairs this week because some of the people we are visiting live on a mountain. I swear yesterday we climbed that mountain probably 3 or 4 times....I was dead! But, that is the life of missionary here in Honduras. But, it is great exercise, I need it cause I am fat! We have been really progressing with a new family now. They went to church actually this week! Jeisy could not go, apparently she had some kind of commitment. She is in a tough situation right now, we have not had the opportunity to talk with her since Saturday. I have no idea if she will get baptized this Saturday, but we are going to check. We fasted this weekend for her, but we will find out tomorrow what is going on. The family we are teaching right now is the family of  Navia, Eduardo, and Milisen. Really cool family. They are reading the Book of Mormon a lot and they love it. They just need to be better about praying at night. We are trying our best to help them and strengthen them as their testimony grows. 

Missionary work is so much fun, but let me tell you I have had more challenges than I ever expected. I know my Heavenly Father knows me and he loves me. He is always there for me and when I fall short he will forgive me. He cares that I am his son and I am trying. I know I can change and be more like his son as I learn and grow in the gospel. I am seeing it day by day. *Poco a poco* is how they say it here. That is what helps me and keeps me going. One of the my favorite talk ever that helps me to change everyday is by Dieter F Uchtdorf * He Will Place you on His Shoulders and Carry You Home* I hope you all can read this. I literally cry every time I read this....what a powerful talk it is! The power of the Savior is infinite and as we make those little changes everyday, huge blessings will come rushing in.

Love you all. I truly do. I am grateful for your prayers and your testimonies. I know the Savior loves each and every one of you. Hope he can do wonders among you. Hope you guys have a wonderful week. Les quiero mucho y exitos a todos!

Con cariƱo,


Elder Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment