Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 89 New Church, New Church!!

                                                Fotos de la Semana (Photos of the week)
My dope companion. 
Best district...EVER!
A brand new church building! We are so lucky!
In the bus coming home from P-day last week with my district.
A colony that is literally like an hour walk distance from our house.
Friends who came out tracking with us for the dedication of the new church in our area. 
Beauty of La Laguna


I had fun this week. Its a little stressful because my companion had to make so many calls (visits) because of all the missionaries he looks after as a medical missionary help. Also, there is a sister in our mission who has a breast cancer, and she is going home on Wednesday to get it taken care of. Please pray for Sister Lexus Becraft, please! Hopefully all goes well with the treatment and she recovers completely. So...we have been going back and forth and here and there all week with all the medical things. We tried the very best this week to find as many new people to invite to the dedication of the new church that was just finished a couple of weeks ago. We used have to take a bus to the old church that was like 20 mins from our house, but now the new building is a 5 minute bus ride from our house.  Man, we invited people like crazy this week. There are so many inactives famlies and people in our area. Like almost 50 who have not gone to church in months. So, it was our pleasure to hunt them all down and invite them to come out to the dedication this past Sunday at 10 am. It was tiring, but definitely worth it. The spirit there was so powerful and I could not hold back the tears with all the people that got up to give their testimony. Amazing!!!

This week has been crazy with an investigator we have named Celeste. We went to teach her last Friday about the BOM and the importance of going to church. Her mom passed by to drop a couple things by and left. The lesson was great and the spirit was strong. But, the trial came after we left, we were told. Her mom came back screaming because she wanted to watch her tv show and said ¨if you want to be with the Mormons, you can find a another house to live in!¨ Celeste went out crying and found a place to sit and called her friend (the one who gave us the Celeste as a reference several days ago). Later when we talked to Celeste she kind of bore a testimony of the church and how she felt just like Joseph Smith when he was persecuted. It was so dope! She is alright now and we are helping her to pray for help and we teaching and show her how to feel peace from what is happening with her mom. We are doing all we can with all the other investigators that we are teaching too.

Just this past week I started reading the Book of Mormon for the 3rd time in my mission. I learn new things every time I read it and I can testify with all my heart that is true and if anyone reads it...even if it's the first 3 pages, they will feel the spirit immediately. I love this gospel and I am grateful I am for it. We are doing all we can to work and do the best we can teach and baptize people this week. OH! Remember Jeisy? Well, I have permission to go to her baptism this Saturday! I am so excited for her and for her future. I am grateful I am a missionary in Honduras. God has much in store for me and I know he is working miracles for me and my companion. Love you all. Hope you have a good week and the chance to start reading the BOM. It will change your life!!! Adiojummmm!

Les quiero,


Elder Jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment