Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 90 Miracles Happen for Reason

We walk a lot of dirt roads here
Wow, another week has come and gone. I am grateful for what happened this past week even though it was humbling. I truly learned some pretty hard lessons and I know what I need to do to be better as a missionary in these next 108 days. I now know the blessings of true obedience. We slacked off a little this week and wow, I could see a difference from the results we had this week verses the last 2 weeks. I am not proud of it and I prayed for forgiveness. I can see how and what I need to improve upon and what I need to do to become the best missionary I can and what my Father in Heaven wants me to be. The mission is truly a refiners fire. And even though Elder Hernandez and I weren't totally obedient the Lord still blessed us with 2 unexpected miracles. You can't stop the will of the Lord. I would like to tell you guys about this week. 

Remember Jeisy from my last area? And how we taught her for so many weeks? She struggled with her testimony and she prayed and prayed for weeks.  Well, last Saturday was her baptism. I am so happy! Since I was so close to where she lives, my companion and I were given permission to go see her baptism. As well as my old companion when in that area. I felt such peace and joy as she entered the waters of baptism. I prayed so hard for that day to come. I am happy for her and for the decision she made. It is such a blessing as a missionary to see the change in someone when the decided to get baptized. I really feel like Jeisy was one of those that I was suppose to find. One the main reasons I was sent to Honduras. A chosen one for me. Miracles. So many miracles.
 
Jeisy's Baptism



The other miracle is that next week we have 2 more baptisms. 2 unexpected people from Elder Hernandez old ward who had some difficulties in the ward they were going to. Unfortunately, it got so bad they wanted to come here and be a part of the Germania Ward. Some people in Honduras never learn.  Well, I guess we can all say that sometimes. As the saying goes in the church,  The church is true, but the people are not. Alejandra and Ashley will be getting baptized next week. I have seen so many blessing this week. We are still working with Celeste. We are being patient and trying to help her understand the power of the Holy Ghost. We found some other new people to teach and we are hoping they will follow through with our request to read and pray for answers. Elder Hernandez and I will be praying too. 

Love you all so much! Cannot believe how little time I have left now. It is almost a shock how far I have truly come. Still working at it and doing all I can so I can be proud of myself when I come home. Hope all is well. As Jeffery R Holland says: Keep Loving. Keep Trying. Keep Trusting. Keep Believing. Keep Growing. Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow, and forever. Have a good week everyone! 

Hasta Luego!!!

Elder Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment