Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 99 Feliz Navidad y un Prospero Ano Nuevo!


Merry Christmas! This Christmas was so rad! I had so much fun this past week. I have the true Christmas Spirit this year....it is much better to give then to get! I know that as we share and LIGHT the WORLD we can truly feel our Heavenly Fathers presence. Well, as you heard last week...we were going to baptize two people this Christmas. IT CAME TRUE! On Friday, we went to go do the baptism interview and man was it so hard. Javier....said he wanted to get baptized on the 7th instead of the 25th. And then the mom said she wanted to as well, because she wanted to do it with her son. We literally had a talk for 45 mins because they changed there mind back and forth from the 7th and the 25th. And we asked them if they had faith to do this, if they believe in Jesus Christ, if they believe that they have repented and of all their sins, if they have the desire to change, and if they desire to get baptized. And they said Yes to all those questions. And with that...we told them it really does not matter what happens tomorrow, just TODAY! And when my companion said that, they agreed to get baptized on Christmas day. The best gift you can give Our Savior. So, literally an hour before sacrament meeting...they got baptized. A miracle happened that day. They will always remember that day to be the best day of their life. I am so grateful I was able to be a part of that day. The spirit once again confirmed to me the purpose of me being in Honduras on my mission. I am finishing my mission this next change, but that does not stop me from being the best missionary I can be for the next 6 weeks.



On Christmas Night, we ate so much. I had like 4 dinners that night of just pork, potatoes, tamales, and torrejas ( sugar bread)....delicious. At 12...we lit fireworks and enjoyed the company of the Christmas Spirit with the people of our ward. I talked to my family as well, for the last time, and I am grateful I had the opportunity to talk with them. 



Love this gospel...and I love my Savior. I know this gospel can change lives. I have felt it this year and I have felt it on my mission. I am grateful for all I have done here and experienced and I know I it will help me be the person I need to be in the future. Love you all.....enjoy the spirit this year. FELIZ AÑO NUEVO!

Les quiero,


Elder Jensen





No comments:

Post a Comment