Monday, January 2, 2017

Week 100 Enormous Intibuca



Freak! I only have a couple weeks left in my mission. I cannot believe that 2 years have passed by so fast. It feels like just yesterday I was entering the MTC. And now I am here in my new area. I felt kind of sad to leave Germania with 2 new recently baptized converts. But, I know the members will help them fit into the ward and show them everything. Here is just crazy. My new area is called La Esperanza, Intibuca. Our area is huge! Like seriously, I could hop on a bus for like 1 hour and a half and I would still be my area. Not walking, on a BUS! Our area is so pretty...its like when you go camping in the woods. A lot of pine trees, rivers, creeks, and everything. Also my companion is named Elder Mena and is from Guatemala and he's great








. He is also the Branch President. So I am his First and Second Counselor, District Leader, Secretary, and President the Elders Quorum. It's crazy busy, but I'm not complaining. I am always occupied doing something. It is fun, and great to be busy.  But, man it's stressful. I always have to have a lesson or a talk ready at any moment on Sunday. Not many people go to church, like 50 or 60. Compared to like 300 in my ward back home. Super weird, but it is great.

I have fungus on the bottom of my feet again. Remember I had this when I was Siguatepeque. My feet really hurt, but I'm not letting it get me down. The doctor said to put my feet in timid water with salt for like 30 mins, use this cream, and work until I can go no more. And that is what I have been doing.



  About the work, we have about 3-5 people preparing to be baptized this change before I get home. We have this family that is just gold. They have had all lessons, they have been going to church for years, know that this church is true, and want to get baptized real bad. It is so amazing to see them and feel of their spirit. The only thing that stands in their way is that the man needs to get divorced from his first wife and then marry the lady his with with right now. He is almost done with the papers...just waiting for the lawyer to finish his first case and then he will start on his. Please pray for the Familia Corales that they can be married and baptized soon. Hopefully before I get home! I am doing all I can to help them so I can be a part of it. I would love to finish my mission with 25 people and 1 family baptized. I want to baptize Familia Corales. 

Loving my mission and the blessings I have received from it. I know that this is the true church. That as we power through are trials with God on our side, He will lift us up and help us so that we can live with him again. I am sad that I will finish soon, but I know it has been worth. Love you all...thanks for all the support you show to me and love you have shown to me in my time here in Honduras. Have a good week! 

Les quiero mucho,

Elder Jensen

My mom sent a cubs tie for Elder Hernandez for Christmas. Been a fan his whole life and was on mission when they won the World Series.
Yep...even in Honduras


Looks disgusting...but it is sooooo good.

Tamale. I will miss these when I go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment