Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 11 Speaking Spanish


Hello everyone! This week has been great! We now have 6 people with a fecha (date, baptism date) and we had 1 bautismal (baptism). It is so great! I am learning a lot of Spanish. You guys are my inspiration. You are really helping me when you guys put me in your prayers. For at least half of this week I was speaking really good Spanish. Hearing is mas or menos (so-so), not poco, but mas or menos. It is really progressing though. I am so happy with myself and with the Lord for blessing me! Thank you.

We had intercambios (missionary splits) again this week, it was awesome! I learned so much! I really am progressing and I know that Heavenly Father is watching over me and I know that this is where I need to be. I know I am strong and can do hard things now. Cooking is fun. I have now made french toast and spaghetti this week for me and my companion. Cooking is a lot of work, but I can manage it. 

We went to McDonald's this week! Wow, that was good. I am sorry I did not write as much. Nothing special happened, other than what I have told you. Hope you like my pictures. Just letting you know I am doing fine and well! Love you all!

Elder Jensen

Trip to McDonald's 

Nicest kitchen  he will have his whole mission, hope he appreciates it! (actually, nicer that what he had at BYUI)

I have a "closet". See it behind me?


My view from my casa.

Mom Note: I have sent Alec a list of “mom questions” I call them “MQs” since week one.  I have mentioned this before. For the most part I haven’t really received answers to most of  the questions. Once in a while I find an answer to one of my “MQs”, as I did last week when he talked about making French toast for him and his companion. But, for the most part…nothing. I figured it was more a time issue than anything. The missionaries have limited time on the computer (I've heard, at most an hour).  So, this makes it really hard to read the emails he receives, write a blurb for his blog, download pictures, reply to everyone’s email , or send emails to anyone he wants. This week Alec became resourceful. He wrote down my questions last Monday and then during the week answered them in a notebook.  On the following Monday he took a picture of his answers in his notebook and sent the picture to me. (see below) Good job Alec…now your thinking!  He also wrote down Elder Questions, which he calls “EQs” (imagine that), during the week then sent me a photo of them for me to answer. I think this system will work very nicely. (anything to get the answers I'm looking for)

answers to some "MQS"
"EQs"

No comments:

Post a Comment