Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Week 13 "Semana Santa"

This week has been both really awesome and very relaxing. This week was Semana Santa (Holy Week) here in Honduras. It is a one week memorial of Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection for all of us. We celebrate for only one day, they celebrate it for one week. Very hectic. Spanish is coming along as I pray daily for the gift of tongues and learning new words everyday. But, I know that once my training is done, I will know pretty good Spanish. 

General Conference was awesome. The only session I did not watch in English was Priesthood, so that was cool. My favorite talk was on Saturday afternoon given by Dale G. Renlund of the Seventy. He talked about never giving up and to just keep on trying. I liked when he said ¨A Saint is a sinner, who keeps on trying! ¨ That is so true. So, I encourage all of you to read or listen to that talk. There were a lot of talks on Saturday that either talked about the family or eternal marriage. But, this general conference did really help me!

I found out last Saturday that I have lost 13 pounds in the mission! I started out at almost 200 pounds before I left for Honduras and know I am 187. So, that was pretty good news.

I want to let all of you know, thanks for your emails. I read them repeatedly throughout the week and they truly help me! 3 months down, 21 to go!

Cooling off with an Inca Cola on top of our casa after a long hot day contracting.
MOM NOTE: Both Alec and Rachel fell in love with Inca Cola when we were in Peru last summer. They are much like a cream soda.  

No comments:

Post a Comment